Post-Divorce Modification

After a divorce, your life can change in myriad ways. Your former spouse's income may go up or down. You may experience a job loss or another significant career shift. Your children's needs may evolve over time. Someone may move out of town or out of state. A remarriage can occur. Any of these things can trigger the need for a modification of the court orders that were reasonable at the time of your divorce.

You may have heard that you can modify the details of your divorce decree. An experienced family law attorney can help you decide if a modification is possible and worthwhile in your case.

When Circumstances Have Changed, We Can Help

At Presley & Goodrow, based in Orange, California, we have decades of experience in family court dealing with matters related to custody and visitation, child support, alimony (spousal support) and more. Our lawyers are skilled at helping clients modify court orders after their divorces are over. We can answer questions like:

  • Will my custody arrangements change if I move out of state?
  • Can I temporarily stop or reduce child support payments if I become unemployed?
  • My son or daughter wants to live with me now. Can that be done, legally?
  • I can no longer afford my alimony payments. Can I change or stop them?
  • If my ex and I agree on the details, can we do a modification without going to court?

Every situation is different. If you think a modification may be appropriate in your situation, we can help you understand your options.

Contact Us

Talk to our attorneys about your circumstances. Presley & Goodrow serves clients throughout Orange County and in other parts of California. Contact us to get your specific questions answered.