Working across state lines: Interstate Cooperation

The following are the most frequently asked questions:

  1. I know the address of the other parent in another state, and the family support office sent a petition to establish my support order there. That was three months ago, and still no support payments. What is wrong?
  2. I have had to wait several months for the family support office to get a reply to its request for location assistance in another state. Why does it take so long to get an answer?
  3. As soon as the other parent is notified about enforcement, he/she moves. How will I ever be able to collect my child support?
  4. I have a California support order. The other parent now lives in another state. I know he/she has land and other assets in California. Can the Family Support Office help me collect on the past due amount?
  5. I have a California support order. The other parent now resides outside California I asked the Family Support Office to try to help me collect my money. The judge in that state lowered the payment amount. Is that legal?
  6. Can paternity be established for my child if the father lives in another part of the country?
  7. What should I do if I am planning to move to another state?