Opening a Case

Whether you go to a private attorney or the Family Support Office you will be asked to provide as much of the following information as possible:

  • Full legal name and address of the parent who is obligated to pay.
  • Date of birth and the most current description of the absent parent.
  • The absent parent's social security. Find this by reviewing old pay stubs/ income tax returns, credit loon applications, bank checking or savings accounts, insurance or Health records or military/union records. If you don't have one of these documents, and your name was also on the form, you can usually get a copy by writing to the appropriate agency.
  • Child(ren)'s birth certificates.
  • Your child support order, if you have one.
  • Your marriage license or certificate, if you have one.
  • Your divorce decree or separation agreement argument, if you have one.
  • Name and address of the current or most recent employer.
  • Names of friends and relatives, and organizations to which the absent parent might belong.
  • Information pertaining to income and other asset- pay slips, tax returns, bank accounts, cars, boats, R.V.s, investments or property holdings.
  • Paternity Judgment
  • District Attorneys Family Support Office
  • SS#, Credit Loan, Collect
  • Discuss initial OSC
  • Post Judgment Mod.
  • Guidelines

The more complete, reliable and accurate the information, the easier it is to conflict child support for you.