Interstate Custody And Relocation

Child custody cases can be complicated when a child's parents live in different states. Some divorces involve a parent who has moved out of state for a job, a relationship or family reasons, and another parent who resides in California.

Presley & Goodrow has extensive experience with move-away custody cases. Our attorneys can help you with your custody case if it involves questions of relocation, either yours or your child's other parent's.

Family Law Specialists With Extensive Custody Experience

Founding attorney Wilma Presley has been handling all types of custody matters for the better part of four decades, with 30 years of practice as a board-certified family law specialist. Custody lawyer Catherine Goodrow is also a highly experienced family specialist. Wilma and Catherine can help you answer important questions that affect your life and your relationship with your children:

  • My ex is relocating out of state (or I am relocating out of state). How do we establish a workable visitation schedule?
  • Do I have the right to joint or shared custody?
  • What if my ex lives in California and I live in another state?
  • How do I modify a custody order after a divorce is final?
  • Will it be harder to get custody if I was never married to my child's other parent?
  • Will our custody or visitation order have an impact on my child support?

The cardinal role of custody is this: Every case is different and should be evaluated carefully.

Contact Us | We Can Answer Your Questions

Talk to Presley & Goodrow about interstate custody issues and other important legal matters. We serve Orange County and surrounding areas.